SV Portal Forums banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really miss my SV thou. I should never off sold her. It's the worst decision I've ever made.

So I've sold my present bike, A Kawasaki Z750J6 and gone and got my self a SVF650 Gladius. That will be the first thing i rip off the bike. A shit name I no, but what do all of you think of them.

All comments welcome.

Madjohn.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh dear what have I got my self in too.

It seems our American friends don't like it. Well they arn't going to ride it and I don't much care.

The British press are giving it a good wright up and I'm after a cheap V-Twin and this is the bike for me. For £4600 it's a bit of a bargain.

Madjohn.

·
I STILL love twins!
13,004 Posts
It seems our American friends don't like it. Well they arn't going to ride it and I don't much care.
Madjohn.
It's the US homophobia kicking in. Yup, just ride the thing and enjoy. Doesn't matter what us wankers think.

I haven't seen one in person so I have no real comment in that respect. The name sux as does the website promoting it.

Would be interested in your overall review once you've put some miles on her(or him).

·
Registered
9,824 Posts
I really miss my SV thou. I should never off sold her. It's the worst decision I've ever made.

So I've sold my present bike, A Kawasaki Z750J6 and gone and got my self a SVF650 Gladius. That will be the first thing i rip off the bike. A shit name I no, but what do all of you think of them.

All comments welcome.

Madjohn.
Cracking little bike marra ! Was really impressed with them when I was at the NEC. Just hope they do a 1000 version !

·
Registered
9,824 Posts
It's the US homophobia kicking in. Yup, just ride the thing and enjoy. Doesn't matter what us wankers think.

I haven't seen one in person so I have no real comment in that respect. The name sux as does the website promoting it.

Would be interested in your overall review once you've put some miles on her(or him).
Guess you must be part of Pete`s possy with the comment about your countrymen !:rofl:

·
Just a guy with an SV1K
920 Posts
I'm looking forward to Madjohn's review of the SVF650. The looks don't really do anything for me, but I certainly don't hate it. I sat on one at the local motorcycle show and thought it would be a pretty competent city runabout and seemed quite comfortable, if a bit upright and closed up compared to an SV with clip-ons.

I've read a lot (too many) threads of people totally slagging it for this or that reason - but I want to hear from someone who's actually ridden one!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The name sux as does the website promoting it.

I'm feeling perhaps i'm taking a step backwards in getting a SVF650. But no i don't think i am. I had one off the early SV650N's and i loved it. It's No SV1000S but still a V-Twin and i'm very happy in owning a Suzuki again.

In response to rjk thread, That will be the first thing I'm going to do to her, rip off them horrible Gladius stickers. It won't change what people think off the bike. They will still think of the Gladius as a girls bike. But it's not about what they think, it's what you think off the the bike. I'm no girl. Taste is a personal thing.

How many people on this site have made changes to there SV's. A lot, Me being one of them. This bike is going to be no different. As soon as i've got some money i will start modifying.

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
I'm feeling perhaps i'm taking a step backwards in getting a SVF650. But no i don't think i am. I had one off the early SV650N's and i loved it. It's No SV1000S but still a V-Twin and i'm very happy in owning a Suzuki again.

In response to rjk thread, That will be the first thing I'm going to do to her, rip off them horrible Gladius stickers. It won't change what people think off the bike. They will still think of the Gladius as a girls bike. But it's not about what they think, it's what you think off the the bike. I'm no girl. Taste is a personal thing.

How many people on this site have made changes to there SV's. A lot, Me being one of them. This bike is going to be no different. As soon as i've got some money i will start modifying.

At least make the secnd thing you do to rip off the plastic frame covers.
And make a copy of the sweetlips guy on the gladius web site and do unspeakable things to it.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's going to be at least 10 days before i get my hands on the SVF. I've got a wedding to go to next Saturday So a review is a long way off. I'm pretty sure some other person will post a review before me.

As to 1000cc version, Oh yes. please. But it must have a bigger tank. 14.5 ltrs is not a nuff.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
At least make the secnd thing you do to rip off the plastic frame covers.
And make a copy of the sweetlips guy on the gladius web site and do unspeakable things to it.

Well as a matter of fact that's what im thinking of doing. They are pretty Fuging ugly.

How is this sweetlips guy!

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
Well as a matter of fact that's what im thinking of doing. They are pretty Fuging ugly.

just have a look at the gladius website, the guy in the shiny silver pants. he defines gay.

·
Registered
9,824 Posts

I`m genuinely interested so don`t be put off by our distant relatives.:bump:

·
fairweather softie
800 Posts

All comments welcome.

Madjohn.
this might seem a stupid thing to mention but why didn't you just buy another SV1000 ? they're cheaper that the Gladius and would make up for "the worst descision you've ever made" thought the gladius was aimed at the novice rider market (mind you doesn't mean it won't be a hoot to ride)

1 - 20 of 150 Posts