SV Portal Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Suzuki sv1000 gsxr usd front end, braking wavy disc, ktech fork internals, ohlins rear shock, JMC swinging arm, full M4 exhaust system, power commander 3, modified air box, brembo master cylinder, LSL top yoke conversion, Ducati monster headlight unit and custom made brackets,race spec radiator, blue bear trap footrest, camo coolent hoses, goodridge brake and clutch lines, renthal gold chain and sprocket, renthal bars, KOSO speedo, R6 seat unit, and god knows what else cannot remember, 5000 miles from new,

Attachments

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,272 Posts
That R6 mod is a seri-arse mod..... all looks good

Wish mine had 5000 miles on it....

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Wow, very impressive. Never seen an SV like that before. Only 5000 miles? Might be time to go for a ride!

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,272 Posts
The radiator looks to be one of those units off ebay ? They are pretty robust looking, but be aware, they fail on the top row under the left side mount....
The fins are fused to the top plate, and the top cooling tubes, and the stress of vibes and road shock makes them start weeping....
It is also possible they weld the bracket on after (it is China of course) and the heat stress weakens the tubes.....the other ide has the bottom mount
to share the load, so it itsn't under as much duress.....
I have had 2 go in the same spot...... on my third, got it as a freebie, and am waiting for an OEM one....
I do put a lot of distance un der my wheels each week, so you may not experience the issue.....

The pic shows the leak, i did paint the radiator to suit the bike.....

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts