SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to buy a 2003 SV 1000 s. I have a clean driving record. How much will one of these run me per month?

·
Copper Crusader!!
3,110 Posts
well, we dont know how old you are? kinda hard to give you a $$$$ amount. just know the SV doesnt fall into the sportbike category. my insurance considers it a standard, so insurance is cheap.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm 21, and my '07 (purchased new while 21) costs me about $930 a year with full coverage with Progressive. I was being quoted between $2k-$4k for an '08 GSXR600 at the time, just to give an idea of the difference.

·
Registered
301 Posts
it really would depend too much on your age and where yuo live. The easiest way (at least for me when i was shopping for inssurance) to find an insurance broker in your area nd give him all of your info. He'll shop around with all of the companies that he deals with and will be able to give you a hard number in a day or so ....

·
Mmmm Kate
7,557 Posts
I believe he lives in Los Angeles. Like the others have said, it depends on your age, experience and driving record. You are looking at probably between $300 to $1000 per year.

·
Double Dumb Ass
4,357 Posts
also keep in mind that some insurance companies give a discount for completing a motorcycle safety foundation (or equivilant) class.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
bah... to be able to insure it in the US...

Up here in canada eh, they leave me very few options as far as bikes go... the SV1k is the best deal going up here from an insurance point of view.. I can insure a 600cc SS up here for $1000/yr more than I pay for my sv1k. I'm 42, with clean record and I paid $1300/yr though that was my first yr back on a bike in a long time. Thats full coverage.

·
Waiting to go for a boat ride
13,218 Posts
im 32 and i pay 250 per year for full coverage on my 03 s model.

Really? When I bought mine in 2004 I was 30 and paid 210 I believe.

I'm down to 190 and that's with 300,000/500,000 coverage and a 250 deduct.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Yeah liability makes a difference, up here I think you can't get any less than $1million and most offer 2million

·
Registered
287 Posts
I actually feel like mine should be slightly lower. I forget what I paid for the first year. I just got the renewal slip and I believe its $430 for the year for full coverage, etc. I just turned 27 and I have had a clean record since July, 2002.

·
Registered
59 Posts
well i live in the la area and am 28 with 1 speeding ticket on my record. I have progressive with full coverage with 100 dollar deductables and 500/300 i think... i know it is high with only 100 dollar comp and coll ded.... i pay about 1300/year

·
Registered
643 Posts
well i live in the la area and am 28 with 1 speeding ticket on my record. I have progressive with full coverage with 100 dollar deductables and 500/300 i think... i know it is high with only 100 dollar comp and coll ded.... i pay about 1300/year
:rofl:

i am young (24)so i must pay extra +50% for insurance and it cost me for year 65$ :banana::bleh:

·
Proud Geordie!
1,266 Posts
£150 english pounds for me and I'm 47. We are fleeced for insurance in blighty:wack:
Here here ... £187 fully comp for me and i'm 39 :nutkick:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts