SV Portal Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been chipping away on re-doing my seat and subframe this winter. I converted the bike to a N last year and the loss in front mass made the butt look to big. Im also tall and did a quick fix with longer rear subframe brackets to raise the seat a bit but it also looked a bit to 'street fighter' for me. So finally time to fix it.

Got a Ducati Monster Evo 1100 seat and some steel tubes.

Still lots to do. But much happier with the balance of front vs rear as well the general stance and slightly higher seat hight.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice, do you have any pictures of it? Did you do the subframe yourself? where you able to get any under seat storage ? Mines looking pretty bare bones in that dept.

·
Registered
969 Posts
My recollection is that the newer Monster seats need a different height rail on the two sides, so make sure you do that.

I somewhat wish I had done a kink in my lower ail to make it look better, but having space is nice for storage etc.

https://i.imgur.com/3NeDCeh.jpg

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice looking bike, do you still have it ? Also nice landscape, where is that?

Yes storage vs looks is a tough one. Also making it strong enough for a passenger is pretty important.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OH nice. Id love to explore that area. Only been around LA and joshua tree / Palm springs in a car before.
Hopefully one day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts