SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here and not sure how this all works but I need your help. Iwent to adjust my suspension, using the settings recommended by a lot of you on here, but the compression screw at the bottom of one of my forks has seized solid. I have tried penetrating spray, one of them compression punches that you hit with a hammer which then is suppose to shock the screw etc, but still no joy. As the unit can unscrew as a complete unit, I thought I'd get one from the dealer, but they don't list one on there computer! My question on here is has anyone had the same problem? how did you sort it?, Can I fit one or a pair from another bike?
Thanks
Les

·
55,500 miles and counting
19,824 Posts
Dave hobbs had his sieze up, and your right, you cannot purchase them seperately.

Your also right that the thing it screws into can come out, its just a strange shape nut.but your fork oil will then drain out.

Once out, you maybe able to heat it to loosen it or drill it out and get a new screw bit made or if all that fails, unscrew one from someone elses bike and swap it over.

Thats what i did when dave hobbs came over to visit me.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,663 Posts
How do I adjust my forks for duel riding? I lost a radiator because the forks are to low. Please help
What ? Wow....... First question, how far are your forks sticking out of the top triple clamp ? see in the pic the measurement is for the chrome part of the leg, the cap adds 2mm
so as long as it is 8.36 give or take 0.5mm thats fine.
Sometimes short legged people will pull the legs through a long way to hlp reach the ground.....

Also, standard factory settings for the forks are preload = 6 rings Rebound (top screw) 1 turn out and the same for the compression screw at the bottom of the leg.

Rectangle Font Automotive tire Circle Paper product

1 - 4 of 4 Posts