SV Portal Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of turning the SV from track-day toy to back-road blaster. Some of the best B-roads around me are extremely tight and bumpy - great fun on a motard stle bike, but way too punishing on the SV with the GSXR fork, and limited travel.

Anyone know if the DL1000 rear shock is a long-travel version of the SV shock? Will it bolt up?

I am thinking of doing a longer rear shock and some mid-length USD forks for the front of the SV - stripping all the excess weight, and seeing how it will compete with, say, a Hypermotard. I know it won't be the same, but it might be fun...

All ideas/pics/info for sourcing are welcome!

·
Registered
68 Posts
DL's are not really long travel supsension, especially the 1000 - those bikes are street bikes all the way.

when I've looked closely at them, the DL1000 seems to have the exact same suspession as the SV1000...it certainly looks like it has the same swingarm and forks

·
Registered
49 Posts
You'll be much happier in this case buying what you want. If you try to do long travel suspension on an SV, you're going to end up with a silly looking bike that still doesn't really do what you want. Buy a cheap 450 SuMo and love it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts