SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a sv1000 03 naked. Paid 2,000$. Had yoshimura trs pipes that someone had gutted. It was too loud so I bought stock pipes and sent the cans to yoshimura to rebuild. Got them back and I didn’t like them so I put the stock cans back in.
I did the tre mod and dropped down a tooth on the front sprocket.
I bought a Corbin seat and pillion that doesn’t fit the 03 N.
I bought shorty levers but I can’t do the clutch lever cause the bolt is stuck in the bushing.
I put in a adapter to bring the handle bars up and back.
I tried lowering the foot pegs but the adapter pushed my legs and knees out. It was very uncomfortable.
I put in a pair eliminator kit. It did help with the yoshimura cans.
I did the throttle body sync and reset the sensor on the tps.

awesome bike. Did I miss anything?

·
Crazy Old Foole
7,329 Posts
Stator rotor magnets and the GREEN CONNECTOR!

Reactions: Urbanjugle

·
Registered
90 Posts
It's always nice to do all regular maintenance. There is probably very little coherence between what previous owner stated in the sales add and what actual have been done.
Valve, suspension, flush HP fuel filter (or bypass).

A little comment to Longhair mentioning green connector - have it been failing on N models? 5A less power draw is a lot.

·
Crazy Old Foole
7,329 Posts
A little comment to Longhair mentioning green connector - have it been failing on N models? 5A less power draw is a lot.
It can fail at any time, on any model, any year. It and the stator magnets are the biggest flaws in the electrical system. The GREEN CONNECTOR is the only one that has the potential to crash you out.

Reactions: Urbanjugle

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also need to do my forks. Is there anything as good or better than Suzuki seals. My dust caps are shot.

·
KNEE DRAGGER
5,140 Posts
I also need to do my forks. Is there anything as good or better than Suzuki seals. My dust caps are shot.
The OEMs are NOKs. I highly recommend the OEMs or the NOK through an aftermarket channel. I am really tired of seeing cheap seals fail. Get a set of OEM wipers.

-ms

·
Registered
146 Posts
corbin seat doesnt fit? what year and model corbin claims that seat suppose to fits? 03N and 03S has different subframe

·
Crazy Old Foole
7,329 Posts
I have the 03 naked.
What you need is a seat that fits K4+ bikes. The K3S is unique, so parts listed for K3 bikes only will not work for "N" models.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I’m not planning on finding one for it. What I have I’ll live with. Just want to get my $$ out of what I bought.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Did the green connector issue on my 04 N a couple of years ago and had no problems since with the connector.
Pair Delete, Check magnets (ok) Clutch Basket Mod, Fuel filter bypass and pretty much routine self servicing since I bought it.
41k miles and still fun to ride

1 - 14 of 14 Posts