SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems the SV2003N rear brake and clutch master cylinders are unique to that model. I'm contemplating buying a SV2003N, and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a rebuild kit or a compatible part (I've heard VStrom 1000 as a potential fit). The bike I'm looking at doesn't have problems in this area, but whenever I see one-of-a-kind parts I get a little itchy about the machine. Any advice?

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,900 Posts
The masters are ok in themselves, just purchase rebuild kits and keep them aside for future maintenance.
The clutch master cylinder is quite probably shared on another brand of bike too.....the S model clutch master is used on a Honda.....

·
Registered
112 Posts
N and S model had different master cylinders layout on the handlebar for front brake and clutch. S model got plastic resivor and N are all build together. However they are all shared with other older and newer motorcycles, and even other brands as Missing Link stated. After all they are Nissin.

Internals are the same on N and S for all years, and also shared with GSX-R, TL, DL, GS etc. So when the times comes and the internals are worn you should be able to find replacement no problem.

Rear master should be the same on all models and years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When i was rebuilding my 2003 SV1000S, I wanted to go with a remote clutch reservoir -aesthetically driven choice. After some research, I found that the ZX14 master cylinder with a remote reservoir is a bolt-on replacement for the oem clutch lever, add your own reservoir. I found a decent cnc'd reservoir and fab'd a simple bracket to make it work- no issues after 1k miles.
I seldom comment on the rear brake - my bike has an oem set-up upgraded with SS lines. Never had s reason to give them a second look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts