SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
Does anyone know what is the difference between SW Motech pannier racks for SK3 and SK4 onwards?
I have opportunity to buy racks for 04, but i have SK3
I have my fender removed so if the only difference is rear mount than it shouldn't be the problem.
anyway - any input appreciated
cheers

·
"Kiss my Ass"
13,704 Posts
hi
Does anyone know what is the difference between SW Motech pannier racks for SK3 and SK4 onwards?
I have my fender removed so if the only difference is rear mount than it shouldn't be the problem.
cheers
Can't say for sure but it depends on where they fix on to, as the 04 subframe is different to the 03.

·
Be excelent to one another
3,875 Posts
hi
cheers
If you're not using the fender mount then you can measure the distance between the other two mount points. If it comes out the same you're good to go. But you might want to brace across between the two sides where they would've mounted to the fender. It wont be too stable otherwise.

Take a look at Ryans setup here: http://www.sv-portal.com/forums/showthread.php?p=486569

Cheers
Bish
:niceone:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for replies, but the problem is that they sell the mounts for 03 and than for 04 - onwards :(

i can't measure distance of mounting points on 04 cause i don't have one

also the guy who is selling mounts doesn't have his bike anymore...

·
"Kiss my Ass"
13,704 Posts
thanks for replies, but the problem is that they sell the mounts for 03 and than for 04 - onwards :(

i can't measure distance of mounting points on 04 cause i don't have one

also the guy who is selling mounts doesn't have his bike anymore...
Get him to measure the mounting points on the rack and see if they match yours.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I have the 04+ set...

let me know what it is you need?

If you don't have the snowshovel fitted you will likely be ok for the rear mount point. I ran that way for a few weeks. BUT its the other mount points that maybe the issue or they may not...

·
750 mile a week Commuter
434 Posts
Are you using the mounting points on the Swing arm that that rear hugger uses ???

Because from 2003 - present the Suzuki have been using two different swing arms.

I have a SK3 in Blue and my IAM observer has an SK3 in Copper.

However the chain fixing point on my one is 184mm whilst his is 295mm.

·
"Kiss my Ass"
13,704 Posts
Are you using the mounting points on the Swing arm that that rear hugger uses ???

Because from 2003 - present the Suzuki have been using two different swing arms.

I have a SK3 in Blue and my IAM observer has an SK3 in Copper.

However the chain fixing point on my one is 184mm whilst his is 295mm.
You have got it muddled up, he is mounting a set of Motech carriers, they are similar to the Givi system and so mount on to the subframe.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Oops took me awhile to get back to this one..

Soon as I get the bike back.. I'll get the measurements and more pics for you.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Mar s

I am not going to be able to get any more photos for you until i return in July.. just too busy and have the camera already packed.

If you still need photos and measurements of the brackets I can hook you up then.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.