SV Portal Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for ideas on what tail conversion to put my K3 S1KN. GSXR R6 CBR...

It has a Ducati tail that was put on by the previous owner and its fat af. I want to make this thing look sleek.
Should I use the stock SV sub frame or modify the model tail sub frame?

Send those pics and tips I need ideas!

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,257 Posts
.................It has a Ducati tail that was put on by the previous owner and its fat af. I want to make this thing look sleek.
Should I use the stock SV sub frame or modify the model tail sub frame?.....................
Depends on what unit you settle on really.... Moddin gthe subframe is probably gonna be a definite, so, if it was me, i would probably get a second hand subframe to do the work on...
One, you can keep your bike mobile, and two, if you stuff it up, at least you haven't disbaled the bike.
Your bike should have the "bent" lower frame rail....so make sure you get the same, otherwise your inboard plastics and peripherals wont bolt in....

The Gixxer rear would probably be the better family shape than the Honda...... or even the R6....all about carrying the lines through i spose...
Do some image searches on modded SV tails.... Someon ehere might have a few pics.....

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,257 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Also considering this if I can get it shipped its an RSV4 tail... I hope they ship to US this is a beauty. So many choices I cant decide everything looks soo good.

Attachments

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,257 Posts
Also considering this if I can get it shipped its an RSV4 tail... I hope they ship to US this is a beauty. So many choices I cant decide everything looks soo good.
Personally i think its too sharp for the rest of the bikes shape and bulks.....you could maybe get away with it on the S model, but the N model has nothing to reference it too....

( thats just an opinion, there is no wrong way if what you do suits you..:cool:.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Depends on what unit you settle on really.... Moddin gthe subframe is probably gonna be a definite, so, if it was me, i would probably get a second hand subframe to do the work on...
One, you can keep your bike mobile, and two, if you stuff it up, at least you haven't disbaled the bike.
Your bike should have the "bent" lower frame rail....so make sure you get the same, otherwise your inboard plastics and peripherals wont bolt in....

The Gixxer rear would probably be the better family shape than the Honda...... or even the R6....all about carrying the lines through i spose...
Do some image searches on modded SV tails.... Someon ehere might have a few pics.....
Im leaving mine 'as is' they are one of the best shaped Arses out there !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts