SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,605 Posts
Anyone tried a TFX rear shock in their SV? They get good reviews and are well priced. Not sure if they have a ride height adjuster just having a bit of a look atm.

MM
No, but my old gixxer one is getting a bit long in the tooth.....759 euros for the hose reservoir version...i reckon that would be the go.....keeps the gas out away form the
rear header pipe heat.....i wonder if the 21% tax crap drops because it being sold outside the EU ? I kno we dont pay VAT from the UK....just the GST when it lands here over a certain cost.... I have emailed them to see what they say.....

·
Registered
96 Posts
No, but my old gixxer one is getting a bit long in the tooth.....759 euros for the hose reservoir version...i reckon that would be the go.....keeps the gas out away form the
rear header pipe heat.....i wonder if the 21% tax crap drops because it being sold outside the EU ? I kno we dont pay VAT from the UK....just the GST when it lands here over a certain cost.... I have emailed them to see what they say.....
I've been looking into rebuilding the ZX-6R shock i got and the GSX-R750 on my gf's 650 - seems like it should be doable if you got somewhere to recharge the nitrogen bladder.
I could be completely wrong and a mess to do by yourself.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,605 Posts
Yeah....probably get the gixxe rone rebuilt......its been good and faithful....only had the oil and charge done once in over 280k kms.....:whistle:

I have a spare SV shock of and 06 model i can drop in to keep her mobile while its being sorted......hopefully the seals in that haven't gone hard stitting around

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been looking into rebuilding the ZX-6R shock i got and the GSX-R750 on my gf's 650 - seems like it should be doable if you got somewhere to recharge the nitrogen bladder.
I could be completely wrong and a mess to do by yourself.
They are not hard to do if you have a little knowledge in the area you tube can help. Far as gas goes if you know a refrigeration mechanic then you have gas. All you need then is an adapter to the cap for filling if its a needle you will have to make one or buy a Schrader cap from race tech or alike.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeh I do like that idea however a quick look that model doesn't look like it has a ride height adjuster which I think is needed on this bike! You do like the extra 3mm on the 04 gixxer shock yes ?

MM

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,605 Posts
Yeh I do like that idea however a quick look that model doesn't look like it has a ride height adjuster which I think is needed on this bike! You do like the extra 3mm on the 04 gixxer shock yes ?

MM
Yeah, the extra 3mm popped the rear up 10mm directly above the axle.... helped the front end feel a bit more planted....
I did the same on my old Firestorm.....put a 3mm plate in between the top clevis and the frame....then i coul dback the preload off on the rear.....

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ohh i should maybe look into if any of those i got are rebuildable - just assumed they were.

The ZX-6R shock is off a 07-08 and the GSX-R750 is from a 03-04. So both got some old nasty oil in them and probably not that much nitrogen left.

Good tip on finding someone who is doing HVAC for nitrogen.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,605 Posts
I emailed TFX about the tax issue....and the good news for anyone who is keen, the 21% tax only applies in the European Union....so prices are as follows for outside the EU..
Model 140 €420
Model 141 €628
Model 142 €743
HPA model 142 €269

They said that their website hasn't yet been configured to remove the tax as yet, so initiate a purchse request
via email contact.....

Reactions: Marty Moose

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I emailed TFX about the tax issue....and the good news for anyone who is keen, the 21% tax only applies in the European Union....so prices are as follows for outside the EU..
Model 140 €420
Model 141 €628
Model 142 €743
HPA model 142 €269

They said that their website hasn't yet been configured to remove the tax as yet, so initiate a purchse request
via email contact.....
Doesn't affect me however the Euro is ouch to us. Still not a bad priced shock though. I'm on holidays for 6 weeks soon its going to be busy :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts