SV Portal Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Obsessed with SV1000s
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for reporting. Spam posters have been banned and their posts deleted. I've also found a couple of anti-spam measures that could stand to be improved, and have done so.

Kevin

Got a couple more spammers Kevin which are probably the same arsehole as elsntilat.

siouqghstz and mnuoijkklj

Thanks!

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,272 Posts
The ads seem to have the same generic terms in them over and over, should be able to create a rule for that.....

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,272 Posts
Is there a algorithm ( i may never use that word ever again) that can catch the words or phrases they use?

·
Administrator
175 Posts
Is there a algorithm ( i may never use that word ever again) that can catch the words or phrases they use?

We use a product called akismet. It looks for formatting, words, links etc to decide if the post gets put into moderation or not. Its not perfect but its getting much better. The spammers are getting more clever is the big problem.
-Philip

·
Obsessed with SV1000s
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cxmhgrzs and his EIGHT (make that NINE! geez!) threads about Samsung phones has been reported to admin. It looks like he's posting the same crap every day!

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,272 Posts
I have reported this latest one (cxmhgrzs) twice......

Me thinks we might be low on the admin visit list.....

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,272 Posts
Lets sit down and discuss this thread over a coldie... haha.... see how many we drop before the spammer gets banned....

·
Registered
606 Posts
Sorry for the delayed reaction in dealing with this spammer. It's now been dealt with

Kevin
Thanks Kevin for returning the sanity, but the question needs to be asked, when the light is on is anybody actually home?
I have sent requests for help on spam to every email address I could dig up for the Motorcycled group for over a month with no response.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,272 Posts
Thank God for that...... that crap was getting out of control....

1 - 20 of 45 Posts