SV Portal Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Obsessed with SV1000s
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Kevin said:
Sorry for the delayed reaction in dealing with this spammer. It's now been dealt with
Kevin

Good sir, we are again getting buried by a spammer. Help!

Is there a schedule that is followed to visit a site and check out what is going on in it? Or are sites visited by requests only? If it's the latter, what is the best way to contact sv-admin to clear the site of spammers?

I have reported the offender multiple times as I'm sure other members have as well.

And what is a reasonable amount of time to expect such action? Thank you!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Is anybody an active member on the SV rider site that could put out a call to Admin for some much needed help?

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,272 Posts
Good sir, we are again getting buried by a spammer. Help!

Is there a schedule that is followed to visit a site and check out what is going on in it? Or are sites visited by requests only? If it's the latter, what is the best way to contact sv-admin to clear the site of spammers?

I have reported the offender multiple times as I'm sure other members have as well.

And what is a reasonable amount of time to expect such action? Thank you!

Totally on board with this questioning.....

Kevin, or whomever is involved, can a long termer (or 2) member be made an Admin, even just with the power to eliminate spammers ???

If you read back through other threads ( For Sale being one of them..) you can see the spammer has even engaged with us and we have told them to go away
and all we get is more ads.....

The view numbers on the ads is disproportionate to the activity of members on the site, which leads me to believe that may they have "bots" visiting the ads to drive
up the views, in effect, they are using this site (and others i guess ) to drive up their hits on Google and the like.......

EDIT: I have used the "contact us" link to ask for help on this one......

·
Administrator
175 Posts
Spammer has been hammered

I took a look and it seems our Site Moderators are out of action. Moderators have access to both a quicker way of reaching me, and access to the spam hammer itself. Are any of you guys interested in being a moderator on site? Let me know

Kevin

·
Obsessed with SV1000s
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thank you SO much Kevin!!!

I'll volunteer Kevin! I visit daily so I'll keep the site tidy. Thanks again!

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,272 Posts
I'll second that.
(in Irish drawl....) I terd dat......

Eureka.....hallelujah.....blessings all round.....

(We will even count the votes infavour of oldbaldsob in the time honoured way..... 2 at a time, except for every third handful..... HAHA)

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,272 Posts

I took a look and it seems our Site Moderators are out of action. Moderators have access to both a quicker way of reaching me, and access to the spam hammer itself. Are any of you guys interested in being a moderator on site? Let me know

Kevin

oldbaldsob has put his hand up.....

I will too if a back-up is needed....but i would assume a longer term member would be before me....

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,272 Posts
An the spammer is back...... new name, but same arsehole.....

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,272 Posts
Gad anyone noticed that member signed on before the last one was deleted, and had several posts dating back a few months.
...now you mention it.....yeah..... just thought it got wacked.....

Hopefully some power will be given to one of us soon....

·
Obsessed with SV1000s
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Kevin said:
Kevin

Kevin, another spammer popped up immediately after you banned the previous one. Pretty sure it's the same irritating person.

I sent you a PM about getting moderator privileges in order to remove spam from the site on a daily basis. The handful of members who frequently visit the site are anxiously awaiting the day when posts containing motorcycle-related content outnumbers posts containing spam. Thanks!

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,272 Posts
Is anything getting done about a spammer hammer for someone regular to the site ?

It almost not worth visiting now when all you see is piles of shit adverts from some peckerhead who is using the site as a tool to make money for NON bike stuff....:ranting::ranting:

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,272 Posts
It seems we are wasting our breath asking either to have this asshole hammered, or to have someone made a moderator..........

About the only other thing to do is ask someone to launch a DDOS attack on the spammer..... (i jest.....am i not...?)

Might be worth venting here

https://www.scamvoid.net/check/esellibuy.com/#comments

https://www.scamadviser.com/chttps:...bsite/esellibuy.comheck-website/esellibuy.com

I had a look around, and reviews show that this bunch of arse-hats have a got a very poorly visited site.......which backs up my theory on the hits bumping them in the rankings....

Basically, DONT visit these threads when they appear...... do not reward this idiots.

Also, there is a pretty low trust level on their website....... just what we need to be associated with.......

·
Obsessed with SV1000s
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Just got the the news from Kevin that I have been granted moderator access. So I'll be banning spammers daily now.:D

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,272 Posts
Just got the the news from Kevin that I have been granted moderator access. So I'll be banning spammers daily now.:D
All hail thee with the big knock-ometer..... may we call you Thor from now on ????:bash:

·
Obsessed with SV1000s
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Moderator is just a fancy title for an internet sanitation worker. :lol:

21 - 40 of 45 Posts