SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been looking around the site and found the section in the FAQ where people say that running bolt-ons on the SV1K's are find without a PCIII, and also that the bolt pattern from the TLR/TLS are the same. I found a good deal locally for some Titanium scorpions from a '01 TLS. Could I run these on my '05 SV1KS w/o a PCIII and without experiencing performance problems? Any opinion will be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've had the scorpion titanium exhaust from a TLR/TLS on my bike without a power commander for about 2 years/~10k miles and haven't had a single problem. I bought them for the same reason you're considering them - $299 shipped for a new set of titanium cans was too good to pass up.

The only issue you'll run into is that the straps don't line up with the hangers. I forced them into position after getting nowhere with Scorpion (tried to order the correct straps). No issues, but the bolts securing the straps to the hangers look a bit crooked (can take a pic if you want to see it).

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure I'd love to get a pic! And am I missing something? Where did you find a set of new Titanium Scorpions for the TLS for that price? I was thinking $225 shipped for a set of used ones with a few scratches was pretty good but now I'm thinking again...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Here are a few pics - I've not cleaned the bike up since my last ride, so I didn't bother with the real camera. :whistle:

1 & 2 - how the mount looks up close.
3 - From a couple feet away, it looks normal.
4 - I got the angle a bit wrong for the last picture, but if you zoom in you can see the angle of the bolts (especially the left).

I've got Chuy's angle mod, so the cans are pulled in a bit. I've also got his pair valve mod... without it, it would pop on deceleration.

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
And am I missing something? Where did you find a set of new Titanium Scorpions for the TLS for that price? I was thinking $225 shipped for a set of used ones with a few scratches was pretty good but now I'm thinking again...
I got lucky & found a store on eBay unloading what they had left for the TL. I think someone else from here got in on the deal.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That looks pretty sweet! The ones I'm looking to get aren't the flame finish but the normal titanium. I guess then $225 is a really good deal still because I haven't found anywhere or anyone with prices even remotely close to that. I was actually looking at Chewy's PAIR mod too, did you get the full system removal or just the block out plates? Thanks.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I removed the whole thing - pulled off a couple pounds of stuff/hoses & added a resistor (included in the kit) + block off plates.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I removed the whole thing - pulled off a couple pounds of stuff/hoses & added a resistor (included in the kit) + block off plates.
Okay I just noticed that he sells both the block off plates AND the full kit. I'm thinking I'll get the full kit as well. So now that I'm putting the exhaust in, if I were to add the K&N filter, would I need a PCIII? If so, the exhaust is the last thing I'm doing lol because I can't justify $200+ for a PCIII.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've got Chuy's angle mod, so the cans are pulled in a bit.
Haha, I can tell you're from Austin. I think it's spelled "Chewy" unless you're planning to get some chips and creamy jalapeno instead of the pair removal kit.

Say hi to Leslie for me... (w00t)

Cheers!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Haha, I can tell you're from Austin. I think it's spelled "Chewy" unless you're planning to get some chips and creamy jalapeno instead of the pair removal kit.

Say hi to Leslie for me... (w00t)

Cheers!!
Haha - I knew something didn't look right when I typed his name. LOVE Chuy's - a chuychanga & chips/creamy jalapeno may be on the menu for dinner tonight. :supsmiley:

I've not seen Leslie since someone beat the crap out of him about a year ago - he may still be out & about, but the older I get the more retarded the people on 6th seem.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey what kind of tank grip do you have? I'm in the market for one, especially if you can remove it without tearing up the tank!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hey what kind of tank grip do you have? I'm in the market for one, especially if you can remove it without tearing up the tank!
They're Tech Spec grips (snake skin):
http://www.techspec-usa.com/products/gs_suzuki.html

You can pull them off & reposition them (or move them to another bike) - they come off leaving no residue behind. I'd recommend them if you're in the market for such a thing. Stomp grips work too, but I liked the look of these better.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, know of any place where I can score them for under $50? they seem kind of pricey, but I also had sliding around on my tank...

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oops nvm I see it now. Looks like they charge an extra 18.50 for the center pad now though...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts