SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I own a k3 sv1000 with a strange problem.

During driving it started with showing a c11 (camshaft sensor) fault and shortly after that a complete power failure. Motor did cut off and dash completely died.

Tried to put the ignition on and off several times but no result.

After 15 min the power suddenly came back and was able to start again.

Battery seemes good because it cranks perfect.

The green connector issue is already solved by removing the connector and soldering the wires. I also took the ignitionswitch conpletely apart and found no defects.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi all.

I own a k3 sv1000 with a strange problem.

During driving it started with showing a c11 (camshaft sensor) fault and shortly after that a complete power failure. Motor did cut off and dash completely died.

Tried to put the ignition on and off several times but no result.

After 15 min the power suddenly came back and was able to start again.

Battery seemes good because it cranks perfect.

The green connector issue is already solved by removing the connector and soldering the wires. I also took the ignitionswitch conpletely apart and found no defects.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Forgot to say, when the c11 appaered, the speedo was giving strange readings of 289km/h

·
Obsessed with SV1000s
8,843 Posts
....I've also read that c11 might comes up due to low battery or low voltage to the dash/ecu
If your battery isn't charging adequately while the bike is running, the condition of your flywheel magnets would be another suspect. It would be worthwhile to inspect them regardless. Cheers.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
2,018 Posts
The CMP sensor on my bike gave me issues a long long time ago.... pulled it out and
found it had a lot of crud on the end of it....cleaned it and re-installed, problem gone (cant remember for the life of me what it was doing) and ever since, i pull it out once every 6 months and check it, and has almost never been dirty since.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took the sensor out and checked. No dirt or defects. Also measured the voltage at the sensor with engine running. Was 4.7v. (Ok according manual)

Next step is that i will hook up a multitester and monitor what happens during riding.

To be continued!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts