SV Portal Forums banner
101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Chillaxing
15,669 Posts
My time machine is too small to take my SV back to October 3rd and 4th!

Howcome you have an Estonian IP address but your flag shows Afghanistan?

Why are spammers so lazy that they don't bother coming up with a real personal profile with stuff in it? Always Afghanistan, I suppose it is alphabetically the first flag on the list.

C'mon man! Put som EFFORT into your spam!
He didn't listen, Mr Willie!!!!

http://www.sv-portal.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1851892157&postcount=700

Gee, I was never a tattle tale before I joined this site..... :shock:

·
"Kiss my Ass"
13,791 Posts

·
Chillaxing
15,669 Posts

·
Chillaxing
15,669 Posts
On idieta, in his contacts tab he has a home link, this is a Russian site dealing in electrical cables etc.:HMM:
..."curiouser and curiouser!" cried Alice.....

·
Grumpy old sod.
6,955 Posts
Well he hasn't posted any dodgy links or spammed the site with dozens of non-sensical posts so I guess we let him be for the while.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Team Pro Motion and Cornerspeed Racing Schools

Anybody around Virginia or the Carolinas attended either racing school?

They both teach classes at VIR or Summit Point, the closest race tracks to me. Cornerspeed has an interesting 2-day course that they teach you on dirt that's supposed to increase your street track abilities.

I'm considering attending a trackday/course this spring.
________
KinkyLooker cam

·
Mmmm Kate
7,873 Posts
I have not used Cali Superbike School. I am on their roster to be a corner worker which I did last year. They are a great school and have great reviews. Another school I have used is the Pridmore Star School which was excellent and cheaper than Cali Superbike too.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I have not used Cali Superbike School. I am on their roster to be a corner worker which I did last year. They are a great school and have great reviews. Another school I have used is the Pridmore Star School which was excellent and cheaper than Cali Superbike too.
Yeah... Cali Superbike is definitely the most expensive, and they come to VIR, but they cost almost twice as much for a one-day session than some of the others. I guess it's been around forever. Unfortunately it looks like the farthest east that Pridmore Star makes it is Colorado...

Anybody tried Cornerspeed, Pro Motion or any other schools?
________
Leather Webcams

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anybody been to a trackday at VIR? What racing school did you use? Cornerspeed? Cali Superbike? Team Pro Motion?

Which would you recommend and why?
Been to a few trackdays at VIR, and all with Team Pro-Motion. Have not taken any of the racing class (ART Race), just advance rider training I (ART I). I can only speak on TPM, rode with them for a season and will be riding with them this season. They are a quality organization. Good people and coaches are top notch. Take a look at them.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Been to a few trackdays at VIR, and all with Team Pro-Motion. Have not taken any of the racing class (ART Race), just advance rider training I (ART I). I can only speak on TPM, rode with them for a season and will be riding with them this season. They are a quality organization. Good people and coaches are top notch. Take a look at them.
The ART classes are what I was looking into... do you have to join the club in order to take the classes? What exactly does the club membership get you?
________
MELROSE COLLECTIVE

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Did Conerspeed at VIR north course ,great track great school.Tips get a good nights rest for al least 2 days befor the school,these guys will work you out. Stay at VIR if you can and show up early,you have to go through tec inspection for bike and gear and classes start on time.Aaron is a great instructor I was fortunate to have him for my first and last session and you can learn so much from this guy it isn't funny. The other instructors are no slouches either most are current racers and they take this seriously.They try to find a level your comfortable with and then try to expand on that. Each class room is a predacessor to the techniques you will be working on so pay attention. Oh and a tip corners 4 and 5 need to be taken as a decreasing radius turn withg a switch back.When your approching 4 push it deep and I mean deep when you think your running out of track thats the time to drop the bike over hard left. You will learn alot.I wish it was a 2 day school as you are so ready to push yourself after the school. Oh, and in the mock race if your sure you no how to launch ( like you have done 1/4 miles at the track ) put yourself at the front of the pack. A number of guys muff the start and you don't want to run them over.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The ART classes are what I was looking into... do you have to join the club in order to take the classes? What exactly does the club membership get you?
No, you do not have to join to take the ART Level I class. You can sign up for a guest membership (no cost). I believe for the follow-on classes you may need a membership (I will check on that one). Benefits to membership are reduced pricing, rain date protection, trackside parts, tires, etc... (typical membership stuff). I plan on doing ART II at the first opportunity.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
No, you do not have to join to take the ART Level I class. You can sign up for a guest membership (no cost). I believe for the follow-on classes you may need a membership (I will check on that one). Benefits to membership are reduced pricing, rain date protection, trackside parts, tires, etc... (typical membership stuff). I plan on doing ART II at the first opportunity.
Cool. I registered as a guest, and a buddy and me are thinking of signing up for the May 23rd ART I class. It's on the Patriot course (shorter one), but for a first track day, I don't think that will matter much. Should be fun.
________
GLASS PIPE

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Did Conerspeed at VIR north course ,great track great school
Have you done or do you know of anybody that's done the "cornerspin" class that they teach? It appears that they no longer teach the more advanced courses on a paved track; it's all done on a dirt track. Intriguing idea, and it looks like it may be a lot of fun!
________
Sweetboyscouplexx Cam

·
Registered
43 Posts
Cool. I registered as a guest, and a buddy and me are thinking of signing up for the May 23rd ART I class. It's on the Patriot course (shorter one), but for a first track day, I don't think that will matter much. Should be fun.
Do it! Patriot is a perfect course for your first time out. That is where I took ART I. You will enjoy it. I have ridden all courses (including Grand) at VIR. Love that track! I may try to make that date as well.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Do it! Patriot is a perfect course for your first time out. That is where I took ART I. You will enjoy it. I have ridden all courses (including Grand) at VIR. Love that track! I may try to make that date as well.
We both registered. Since the check-in is so early and I live 3 hours away, we'll probably stay someplace nearby. Is there anywhere around there that you recommend staying? VIR is pretty much in the middle of nowhere.
________
LITTLESWEETY

·
Registered
43 Posts
We both registered. Since the check-in is so early and I live 3 hours away, we'll probably stay someplace nearby. Is there anywhere around there that you recommend staying? VIR is pretty much in the middle of nowhere.
If you want to spend a little coin and do it in style stay at the Villas. The group I ride with usually gets together and splits the cost on the condos. Nice...worth the price per night (especially if the wife or significant other is with you)!! Otherwise we rough it (tents, bags, trailers...you name it)! There are other hotels in the area, but I have not stayed at any of them.

101 - 120 of 128 Posts