SV Portal Forums banner

TRE - Should I, shouldn't I - Oh, looks like I have!

761 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  GDCobra 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd share this.

As I'm still a little underwhelmed with my bike's performance I decided I'd look into whether a TRE would help, I got reading about this in on of the threads on this wonderful forum and since it seems it only requires a resistor splicing into the switch line thought I may have a go.

I have considered it previously but didn't look any furhter as I have a gear position indicator (added by a previous owner) which displays gear position even when bike is not moving (hence believed to be ECU driven rather than speed:RPM comparison driven as some are) so I thought this would get messed up as tricking out the sensor signal would leave the ECU thinking it was always in a higher gear (5th or 6th).

However I then started thinking that, given the way the GPS signal works, perhaps the indicator takes its signal from that rather than the ECU before passing modified info on it should be possible to trick out the signal between the GI connection and the ECU.
I though I'd check out HealTech's site in case there was any information regarding this. It turns out that these guys have already thought about this and come up with an ATRE version of the GIPro so got me wondering which version I had.
Unfortunately, as I was using my work time to do the Internet surfing and didn't have my bike with me I had to wait until I got home to find out!

Turns out I do have the TRE version after all, although it's the G1 rather than current G2 verions, but still has all the capability I need.
I checked that it is set to invoke the TRE function (they don't as default as this is for off-road use only - Yeah right!) and it is, shows "6" when I press the button. so it looks like I have TRE after all. Which is good but does make me wonder why retard is needed on this bike. As I've already intimated I'm fairly underwhelmed by the bike and I'm a long way from the fastest rider in the world!

Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Carbon Fixture

The all important ATRE in the top right corner

I found a couple of other "Fun Facts" while I was checking this out on the bike whick I'll post separately.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.