SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TRE vs GIpro ATRE?

I think I need a TRE fitted as this surging at 70-80mph is not good. I think I also need a gear indicator because 6th gear sounds more like a 5th gear and I'm constantly trying to change up when I'm already in 6th.

The GIpro looks a nice so I was wondering if the TRE version is about the same as a stand alone TRE that many fit from this forum?

Would fitting the GIpro ATRE effect any future ECU remap or a power commender?

·
Moving at the speed of...
4,758 Posts
I think I need a TRE fitted as this surging at 70-80mph is not good. I think I also need a gear indicator because 6th gear sounds more like a 5th gear and I'm constantly trying to change up when I'm already in 6th.

The GIpro looks a nice so I was wondering if the TRE version is about the same as a stand alone TRE that many fit from this forum?

Would fitting the GIpro ATRE effect any future ECU remap or a power commender?
I don't see how a TRE will stop the surging you mention. Timing retard only happens in low gears to stop you looping when accelerating hard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
223 Posts
I removed the tre resister on my bike and fitted the Gi-pro with TRE and its great. The tre is exactly the same thing but having the gear indicator is a really nice addon. It might not help surging but is still well worth doing. I also have a power commander and they don't interfere with each other.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I removed the tre resister on my bike and fitted the Gi-pro with TRE and its great. The tre is exactly the same thing but having the gear indicator is a really nice addon. It might not help surging but is still well worth doing. I also have a power commander and they don't interfere with each other.
That's helpful because I'm trying to decide weather to have a bike mechanic remap my Suzuki ECU or get a PC3 + custom map but the cost difference is massive. I'm not new to a power commander cause I had one installed on my GS1200. It made it smoother slow riding + smoothed out all the hesitations I had when I gunned it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
i have the dobeck TFI fuel controller and it works great. plug n play no maps just adjust 4 screw pots on the controller like a carb ( idle,accellerator pump,wide open main jet and what rpm you want the main jet to add fuel. this is a piggy back system. it does not remove any fuel only adds as load demands. most all fuel inj bikes are too lean from factory to meet emission regs.
best part is NO dyno time and no paid mechanic. install and spend a little time riding and adjusting. i have NO fuel glitches at all.
bought from WWW. HOLESHOT.COM $ 239.00 sticks out in my mind in 2010. love it.

·
KNEE DRAGGER
5,238 Posts
i have the dobeck TFI fuel controller and it works great. plug n play no maps just adjust 4 screw pots on the controller like a carb ( idle,accellerator pump,wide open main jet and what rpm you want the main jet to add fuel. this is a piggy back system. it does not remove any fuel only adds as load demands. most all fuel inj bikes are too lean from factory to meet emission regs.
best part is NO dyno time and no paid mechanic. install and spend a little time riding and adjusting. i have NO fuel glitches at all.
bought from WWW. HOLESHOT.COM $ 239.00 sticks out in my mind in 2010. love it.
My experience in mapping these bikes is that there are several regions that need to be leaned out quite a bit, even with the most common modifications.
-ms

·
Registered
514 Posts
my answer comes from the stand point as a daily street/canyon bike.it is smooth and easy to ride at all rpms you racetrack boys that need every ounce of horsepower i agree with the power commander and dyno time, but if it gets that serious most friends of mine are riding something else for serious track use. as weve seen on this site , there is not much horsepower to be gained from this engine without BIG money and experienced machinest/enthusiast involved.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have the dobeck TFI fuel controller and it works great.
I have one of those on my Buell because there is no power commander for it. It certainly helped as it was running lean with exhaust and air filter change but I had a power commander + dyno done on my GS1200. I think the PC option is more refined. Can you still buy a TFI unit for the SV?

·
Registered
514 Posts
should be able to buy TFI unit.... DOEBECK PERFORMANCE Co. developed the power commander then sold the DYNOJET company and started DOEBECK. they understand the power commander as they developed it. As stated in their website.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Anyone tried this Smart TRE?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Anyone tried this Smart TRE?

"This restriction is applied by Suzuki to limit the available torque in low speeds for road safety ", I was thinking of putting a retard eliminator on my bike as it's not exactly blowing me away from a power point of view (and I'm not a speed demon). One thing which put me of was because I have a gear position indicator which I assumed would not work if the signal from the gear mechanism was bypassed.
Eventually I looked into this in more detail to see if a device was available which would give me the best of both worlds and found that there is. I then realised that it was the exact device I have fitted to mine as part of the gear position indicator. Makes me wonder how limp an SV1000 is with retard applied (or perhaps it does not make much difference).
Can't help thinking if a rider needs this function for "road safety" they should perhaps consider a smaller less powerful bike.

I am tempted to program mine to not give the TRE function just to see how much more tame the bike becomes but not got around to it yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts