SV Portal banner

41 - 60 of 477 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I am questioning whether we should let any of you tramps over the border! Remember to bring your passport for border control; in fact if you send me a tenner each first I will make sure that you pass through unhindered :)

·
streethawk.........
799 Posts
will keep an eye on this, would like to meet other sv owners.
Cant see the mileage being a problem :whistle:
Im only up the way haha(w00t)

·
Shit Happens
3,595 Posts
I am questioning whether we should let any of you tramps over the border! Remember to bring your passport for border control; in fact if you send me a tenner each first I will make sure that you pass through unhindered :)
Aye! The sassenachs should take a last breath of fresh air as they pass into sweaty sock land:whistle:

·
Moving at the speed of...
4,539 Posts
will keep an eye on this, would like to meet other sv owners.
Cant see the mileage being a problem :whistle:
Im only up the way haha(w00t)
You are probabaly nearly as far away as I am and I live halfway down england. I reckon that it would take me at least 2.5 full tanks to get there.

·
55,500 miles and counting
19,843 Posts
You are probabaly nearly as far away as I am and I live halfway down england. I reckon that it would take me at least 2.5 full tanks to get there.
Tight arse, I plan on being there :pokey:

·
Moving at the speed of...
4,539 Posts
Tight arse, I plan on being there :pokey:
It is nearly a year away, I can't plan that far ahead. Live for today that's my motto.:nutkick::nutkick:

·
Grumpy old sod.
6,864 Posts
At first I thought you were joking, now I am not so sure. :pcplod:

·
D'oh, nuts.....mmm Donuts
3,436 Posts
possibly more if your from this neck of the woods

It is nearly a year away, I can't plan that far ahead. Live for today that's my motto.:nutkick::nutkick:
never been to scooootland, could be worth a holiday if funds available at the time

camping grounds costs? there seem to be a couple around kelso, roxburghshire .... ..... ..... is this the right place? i can only assume as no other kelso was found in "googled:- kelso, scottish borders"

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Well hellooo every body! I think now is a perfect time to start/fianlise/finish the plans for the great Scottish adventure of 2010. As some may know Kelso is a lovely place, world famous for expensive stuff like fishing (£800 a day!). Also the BMF Scottish meet happens the same weekend as our shindig, giving rise to a slight conundrum.
Hotel prices in Kelso will be in the region of £103.50 per night per room for a twin/double, or £64 for a single. Prices include breakfast, further details can be found here. If this is suitable for most I can contact the hotel to try and get a group package. If we agree to stay at the Cross Keys and some can't really afford to (I am sure we are all feeling the squeeze) give me a shout and I will sort you out.
Camping is an option, but probably not for most (the ladies need somewhere dry to store their shopping!), however I am sure we can accomodate all needs, so please let me know preffered options.
Merci buckets,
Gregory

·
Registered
781 Posts
HI Greg
What about nearby towns like coldstream and jedburgh ect also there seems to be a lot of country house hotels nearby looking on booking .com website? might be a good idea to check out the nerby campsites as well as this may end up a good option for some of us ..me included
thanks steve

·
Wandering Geriatric
685 Posts
Reasonable

The £64 for a single room seems reasonable, but might be improved on as a block booking. Have you had a chance to bend their collective ears yet?

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
The way things are looking I might also be free that week (jeez thats nearly four weeks off in a trot ! Redundancy has some benefits :D

If I don't get a job I'll be there but I could also book my own accomadation if I'm late to the party. I'll let you know when I know but it would be good to see you folks again

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Would it be OK if my dad tags along again?
I don't know like Ems. It's one thing having the 2nd best Tiger (and arguably bike :whistle:) down your neck of the woods, but I don't know if I can be embarrased in my own back yard :)
Rodger will be more than welcome, I am sure you wont mind taking him pillion! :pokey:

·
Registered
258 Posts
I don't know like Ems. It's one thing having the 2nd best Tiger (and arguably bike :whistle:) down your neck of the woods, but I don't know if I can be embarrased in my own back yard :)
Rodger will be more than welcome, I am sure you wont mind taking him pillion! :pokey:
He hasn't got the Tiger any more, he's got a Sprint ST now :)

Besides (as it stands) I have still got a spare SV I could lend him ;)

·
Hardtail Racer
952 Posts
We'll be up for this - on a newly stretched, lowered and widened SV :devil2: (you won't recognise it Steve (w00t))
Let us know what the booking arrangements are Greg - look forward to meeting everyone again:supsmiley:

41 - 60 of 477 Posts