SV Portal Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Twins Banger @ Full Lean
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for those that have installed the Vortex fuel cap on our SVs.

I just picked up a used Vortex cap and went to replace the stocker, it was then that I noticed that the vent on the Vortex cap doesn't line up to the vent hole in the tank. Normally this hole is pressed right up to a rubber seal on the bottom of the vent on the stocker fuel cap.

And yes, this is the right cap for our bikes, I checked on the Vortex site.

So a couple of questions:

1. Isn't fuel going to slosh out of this open hole?
2. Does the Vortex cap typically come with an adapter to for our tanks?

Or do I just ride it and don't worry?

·
KNEE DRAGGER
5,113 Posts
I have a question for those that have installed the Vortex fuel cap on our SVs.

I just picked up a used Vortex cap and went to replace the stocker, it was then that I noticed that the vent on the Vortex cap doesn't line up to the vent hole in the tank. Normally this hole is pressed right up to a rubber seal on the bottom of the vent on the stocker fuel cap.

And yes, this is the right cap for our bikes, I checked on the Vortex site.

So a couple of questions:

1. Isn't fuel going to slosh out of this open hole?
2. Does the Vortex cap typically come with an adapter to for our tanks?

Or do I just ride it and don't worry?
I have never had a problem with any of our race bike before using the Vortex caps. No adaptor needed. I will try to check a couple of the race bike I have in my garage tonight, both Suzuki's. The one thing you need to make sure of though is that the vent is actually working correctly. If needed make sure the vent bypass is clean and not stuck.

-MS

·
Twins Banger @ Full Lean
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just an update, I had put the Vortex cap on for Mid-Ohio track day when it was pissing down rain.

Although there's little chance of the fuel sloshing out through the vent hole, if the bike's out when it's raining, there is a gap between the cap base and the tank where water can seep in and into the tank through the open vent hole.

There's little chance that the bike will be sitting in a down pour when you're on the track but if you are using it as a daily ride and leave it out in a rain storm, you're going to get water in the tank.

Just a heads up to people out there that are using these fuel caps rather than the stockers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts