SV Portal Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
hey now... my last comment (non-negative) was about the Kriega tailbags... now if i can combine with this.. http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Waterproof-Brief-Bag-p-16188.html if it will hold a laptop...

I mebbe all set, just need lots of padding if its going on the tail... with the suspension so firm I can imagine the laptop would be trashed otherwise...

·
I STILL love twins!
12,985 Posts
hey now... my last comment (non-negative) was about the Kriega tailbags... now if i can combine with this.. http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Waterproof-Brief-Bag-p-16188.html if it will hold a laptop...

I mebbe all set, just need lots of padding if its going on the tail... with the suspension so firm I can imagine the laptop would be trashed otherwise...
My bad....I thought you were set on the backpack and when I mentioned that the Tourmaster held mine just fine with room to spare there was no response. Good luck!

·
Silent Jay
2,832 Posts
JSC_SLP "There is a rigid mount that attaches a supportive base to your gas cap screws to support laptops, but I forget the name at the moment. It is similar to a camera tank (gascap) mount and has a cover over it. I remember it was a very good alternative to strapping a potential back breaker on your body"

Here it is...

You don't get any more secure than this =>

http://www.luggagelocker.com/luggage-laptop-locker.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Ahh that has potential JSC. I had looked at a different manufacturer of a system similar though they didn't offer one to fit Suzuki gas caps.

OOps nm.. its for baby laptops... won't fit mine even though its only a 14" screen

·
Registered
886 Posts
After researching and finding nothing as to why NOT to wear a backpack w/a laptop in it, what is the reason. I logically think about it in my head as going down hard w/something hard on my back and it breaking and...........?

·
She shoots, what a !!!!!
8,408 Posts
After researching and finding nothing as to why NOT to wear a backpack w/a laptop in it, what is the reason. I logically think about it in my head as going down hard w/something hard on my back and it breaking and...........?
It is not it breaking but you breaking as in your back. One of our British members John Tennant suffered just such & injury. He recently passed away at a very young age, leaving a wife & two young children.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I did read about that, just was unsure about how it happened. Thx. now to find a tankbag that'll fit my laptop.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Envision falling down face-up, on your back...hard...onto a log.

Now envision the log being replaced by a backpack with non-compressible items in it.

That is the kind of injury folks want you to avoid.

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
I did end up getting a bag that has worked out great. The Icon Urban Tank bag is not a hard bag but it is big enough to fit my laptop and then some and I love it. It was reasonable as far as price goes as well. Thx to Jonun for the suggestion.

·
Just a guy with an SV1K
920 Posts
I know the OP found something already, but I'll second the Ogio No Drag back pack. I only ever put *soft* stuff in it, like clothes or papers, but it's as stylish a pack you can strap to your back.

FWIW, after reading this thread I'm definitely going to look for a tail and tank bag combo, possibly a renntech rack for luggage on longer trips.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there!
The Pelican backpack is a great versatile option. Its exterior is made from 1000D nylon with a water-resistant coating, which is a great tear and abrasion resistant material. The pack also features sturdy YKK zippers that are coated with Polyurethane so that water can’t seep through them.

The overall water resistance of this laptop backpack is really good; it might not hold up in extremely heavy rain, but it will protect your gear during normal rainy days. And we recommend you use a rain cover in heavy downpours anyway.

There’s thick padding in the backpanel, so the pack feels soft and comfortable against your back. But the ventilation is not the best; the foam ridges are spaced out so that the air can circulate, but there’s a lack of breathable mesh on the wheeled backpack.

There’s also a waist strap on the backpack, but I’m not 100% sure what it’s supposed to be. It’s positioned too low to be a proper sternum strap, and it’s too high to be a hipbelt. It might fit a little awkwardly, but at least you can remove it if you can’t get it to fit you properly.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts