SV Portal Forums banner

1 - 20 of 15950 Posts

·
Ex SVer, current SV fan
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I participate regularly in various car forums (mostly VW) and one thread on there really caught my eye: the "what did you do to your ### today?" thread.

Please post here if you rode it to work, took the dust cover off it & washed it, took the engine out, pumped up the tyres, turned on the light & looked at it... etc etc, you get the idea.

So, irrespective what you did to your SV today, post it here. If they're serious mods, please feel free to post them in the "Tweaking, Tuning..." section, but give us a little taster here first!

Hope this works, if so, might it get sticky? The thread, Mr. Rose, the thread! :lol:
 

·
Obsessed with SV1000s
Joined
·
8,713 Posts
I looked at my SV today as I rolled out my Z1000 to ride to work. I have the back end apart and the seat off so I can eventually put my undertail on it. It looked so sad as I haven't ridden her since the fall.:weep: She just doesn't understand that I don't want to expose her to road salt. I'll have to spend some quality time with her this weekend to get her sorted out.
 

·
Waiting to go for a boat ride
Joined
·
13,218 Posts
Nothing... So crappy and cold out that it is still sitting under the cover.:angry: :bye2:
 

·
Mr. Obvious
Joined
·
2,198 Posts
Just installed JimMac's old M4 exhaust, did the TPS mod (45 F'in minutes might I add, that little bastard moves everytime I tightened it), getting ready to install the PC3 but I need a beer at the moment otherwise my neighbor will call the :pcplod: after all the profanity coming out the back door of my garage :angry2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
968 Posts
oldbaldsob said:
I looked at my SV today as I rolled out my Z1000 to ride to work. I have the back end apart and the seat off so I can eventually put my undertail on it. It looked so sad as I haven't ridden her since the fall.:weep: She just doesn't understand that I don't want to expose her to road salt. I'll have to spend some quality time with her this weekend to get her sorted out.
how is the z1000 to ride? there is a prototype z1400, probably will be sold only in Europe:argh:
 

·
Ex SVer, current SV fan
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forgot to post my own little reply to this :oops:

Installed Kenbarcon's indicators, having snapped my LHS one last summer (flopping all around the place since then)! Bought some Clear Alternatives lenses from Chewy yesterday, so they're my next fit. Sold my single seat cowl to DVS , so off to Canada that flies as we speak!

3rd annual Nurburgring trip booked today too... Apr.28th to May 1st... :supsmiley

Oh, the bike is still as fast as it was before Christmas too.... :devil2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
hoped on it and went to the grocery store, but first I ran my favorite set of curves by the house and beat my best time by 2.3 seconds. Trying to get my suspension set just right for my kind of riding.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
I stayed at work last night so I have not seen her in 2 days I have duty tonight so it will be wed. before I can see my beloved SV1000s that is oh and the wife to.
 

·
Obsessed with SV1000s
Joined
·
8,713 Posts
aspeyrer said:
how is the z1000 to ride? there is a prototype z1400, probably will be sold only in Europe:argh:
It's very nice. It has pretty darn good wind protection for a naked bike and I actually prefer its riding position over the naked SV's. Its bars are about an inch closer so I can sit just a bit more upright. It's deceptively fast too. Pretty gutless below about 6,500 rpm but it makes up for it with a ferocious top-end hit by 8,000 rpm. It buzzes a lot if you are over 6,000 rpm and gets about 10 mpg less on the highway than the SV does. I broke in the stock seat so now I don't get monkey butt too badly until about two hours into my ride on it. I have pretty much relegated it to daily commuter duty and except for its 35-40 mpg mileage at 75-80 mph, it's been perfect for the commute. Very nice second bike but of course the SV is far and away my favorite. After our local highway departments quit salting the bridges and overpasses, I'll be on the SV more often than the Z. :niceone: I like the looks of the Kawi a lot and I find most the mockup pics of the Z1400 very appealing. But unless I get super sport liter+ bike, I plan on staying with big twins. Nothing feels like a big twin!:headbang:
 

·
Mile eater
Joined
·
2,793 Posts
Nuthin much. Rode to work in this nice mid '70s weather. I DID give it a bath on Sunday and put the 40t rear sprocket back on for the ride to Daytona on Thursday.
 

·
D'oh, nuts.....mmm Donuts
Joined
·
3,436 Posts
the Sv, wel it got started up at 7.30am this morning, warmed up for a couple of minutes whilst i put my wet weather gear on, rolled out of the garage and the journey to work began, 5 mile there, and Its been pissssissting it down all day today, 5mile back home, as always, as it has done for the past 18months :D ,oh yeah, the back wheel stepped out a couple of time's powering on
 

·
Mmmm Kate
Joined
·
7,557 Posts
Just got back from Vegas late yesterday. So, I just gave the SV a quick polish today. That was about it for me and the SV.
 

·
Mr. Obvious
Joined
·
2,198 Posts
Just got done fitting the PC3 but can't ride (raining and cold):crybaby:
 

·
I love my SV
Joined
·
5,783 Posts
paddy2bsure said:
I participate regularly in various car forums (mostly VW) and one thread on there really caught my eye: the "what did you do to your ### today?" thread.

Please post here if you rode it to work, took the dust cover off it & washed it, took the engine out, pumped up the tyres, turned on the light & looked at it... etc etc, you get the idea.

So, irrespective what you did to your SV today, post it here. If they're serious mods, please feel free to post them in the "Tweaking, Tuning..." section, but give us a little taster here first!

Hope this works, if so, might it get sticky? The thread, Mr. Rose, the thread! :lol:
Fitted my colour matched ermax hugger this evening
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Fired up at 7 for the ride to work. Fired up again at 4:00:01 to come back home. Hit either a goodly-sized rock or a Botts Dott or something whilst leaned over on an on-ramp - can now attest that the steering damper works!
 

·
Waiting to go for a boat ride
Joined
·
13,218 Posts
Bloodhound said:
Just got done fitting the PC3 but can't ride (raining and cold):crybaby:
I need to get that done on Sunday as well as many other things!
 
1 - 20 of 15950 Posts
Top