SV Portal Forums banner

15921 - 15940 of 15951 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Detailed, been cleaning the damn rims half the day?!! Tired of chain lube everywhere!! ...

Here's how I clean the rims:
First I use WD-40 to remove the grease/dirt. It works like a charm but also has the drawback of attracting more grease/dirt.
So next I use S100 cleaner to remove the residual WD-40. Lastly I spray some polish on the wheels to help keep away the dirt.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I dont think i have ever heard of anyone having this issue outside of the States, especially here in Oz (might be corrected), i wonder if that is caused in part by fuels adulterated with ethanol, especially in large ratios....?
Ethanol may have been a part of it, but looks like the previous owner "fixed" the same leak in the past using standard hose clamps + lots of torque rather than proper fuel line hose clamps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,i want to put new tires on my sv1000,can you give me some sugestions,10x!

Inviato dal mio ASUS_X01BDA utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hello,i want to put new tires on my sv1000,can you give me some sugestions,10x!

Inviato dal mio ASUS_X01BDA utilizzando Tapatalk
I love the Bridgestone S22 for an all around great tire. Good in the rain, good on track, dual tread compound that lasts reasonably long!

·
Registered
117 Posts
lately was working on handlebar conversion...gettin sore on long rides with clip ons so i used custom machined top triple from guy in UK, renthal low fat bars...it feels much better than clip ons as im aging..
it needs bit more fine tuning to get it in sweet spot, plan on shortening throttle cables as these motion pro +4" are too long...

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
lately was working on handlebar conversion...gettin sore on long rides with clip ons so i used custom machined top triple from guy in UK, renthal low fat bars...it feels much better than clip ons as im aging..
it needs bit more fine tuning to get it in sweet spot, plan on shortening throttle cables as these motion pro +4" are too long...
Apparently I don't have enough posts to utilize the PM system, So I'll answer your question here, Urbanjungle:

Calipers are from an 06/07 R6. Forks should be from an 06-09 GSXR750.

·
Registered
83 Posts
It seems that the shipping has been really fast! Congratulations on the purchase, you will tell us how you are doing with it

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yes, fast shipping.. unfortunately i cant do anything without the software, which i cant download before woolich authenticate my account on their website

·
Registered
20 Posts
Repainted the stator side cover since some of the coating was flaking. Went with black because I couldn't find a paint locally that was close enough for me.

Also cut off the lower race off the triple for my S to N tree swap. Waiting on a motion pro bearing setting tool for the races in the frame.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Repainted the stator side cover since some of the coating was flaking. Went with black because I couldn't find a paint locally that was close enough for me.

Also cut off the lower race off the triple for my S to N tree swap. Waiting on a motion pro bearing setting tool for the races in the frame.
Remember when you go to install the races in the frame to leave them in the freezer overnight and gently heat the frame with a propane torch or heat gun as this makes installation a lot easier on you and the bike.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Rebuild front forks with new bushings/seals/oil. Changed oil in steering damper and greased bearings.

Rebuilt the clutch & brake master cylinders with new resivors and pistons.

Almost done with my S to N bar conversion. Right now I'm working on the wiring for my heated grips.

Rob,

I did use was differential temp for the bearings. It helped but I still had to correct them a bit so they didn't go in crooked.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Swapped out my clutch basket with the werks fix.

Replaced radiator reservoir and all hoses.

Wired in heating hand grips.

Removed my micron mufflers and started to layout brackets to be fabricated to fit 2004S stock cans on my 2003S.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Reattached tank.

Set TPS. Balanced throttle bodies. Set secondary valves.

Flushed coolant... found out I forgot to tighten down one of my new hoses.....re bled coolant.

Reattached front cowling. Installed bandit 1200 mirrors.

Attachments

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,258 Posts
Deleted ....replied to wrong one... sorry

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,258 Posts
I replaced a broken headlight bracket with the assistance of a conveniently located Magnolia Tree.

Lynch mob got to your bike.....teach you to be rebel in your street.... :ROFLMAO:

15921 - 15940 of 15951 Posts