SV Portal Forums banner

15941 - 15951 of 15951 Posts

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,258 Posts
Swapped out my clutch basket with the werks fix.

Replaced radiator reservoir and all hoses.

Wired in heating hand grips.

Removed my micron mufflers and started to layout brackets to be fabricated to fit 2004S stock cans on my 2003S.
That black mag cover look pretty trick actually.... wonder what the clutch cover would look like done the same way ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
That black mag cover look pretty trick actually.... wonder what the clutch cover would look like done the same way ?
So I actually thought about that as the asymmetry bugs me a little. But the finish on the clutch side was still decent enough so I decided I can live with it for now. For how much work I'm putting into this thing I wasnt feeling the extra work to reshoot the clutch cover.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,258 Posts
............................ For how much work I'm putting into this thing I wasnt feeling the extra work to reshoot the clutch cover.
Ha ha... one day hey.... it will bug you enough....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Installed timing retard eliminator.

Finally got my missing caliper rebuild kit. Rebuilt remaining caliper and spent 3 frustrating hrs trying to bleed the system. Currently have the brake lever tied and resivor cracked to hopefully coax out the remaining air.

Washed the bike and finally fitted the license plate and lubed the chain.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,258 Posts
....................Currently have the brake lever tied and resivor cracked to hopefully coax out the remaining air.........................
With the brakes, have you tried pushing the pistons back into the calipers, making sure your cap is off, and nodnt overflow the reservoir...?
This will shove air back up past the MC, then slowly pump the brakes back up again.....and postion your bars so that the reservoir supply to the MC is at the highest
possible point.....
Frustrating when you cant get the air out i know.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
With the brakes, have you tried pushing the pistons back into the calipers, making sure your cap is off, and nodnt overflow the reservoir...?
This will shove air back up past the MC, then slowly pump the brakes back up again.....and postion your bars so that the reservoir supply to the MC is at the highest
possible point.....
Frustrating when you cant get the air out i know.....
I did push the pistons back in and a ton of air was purged. Its disheartening that I was able to pump 3 resivors of fluid through the calipers with no air from the calipers and see that much come out.

I decided to take no prisoners and installed a banjo bolt with a bleeder on it (from SVRacing) on the master cylinder on top of pushing the pistons back in again and holding the master open overnight again. Now the lever feels like it should.

I've rebuild masters/calipers on all my bikes and I've never had the issues this 1000 gave me. I'm just glad its it's done.

For my last item of my rebuild I resprayed the under engine cowl. Just need to clearcoat and I think I will be done with my rebuild for now. I plan on making a separate thread detailing my rebuild process, lessons learned, and cost.

·
Registered
24 Posts
assessed the scratches after a local decided a red light was optional for stopping. only grazed my exhaust but is denying she hit me thankfully she thought it was "ok" to run a yellow and told the cops it was that......... still getting a ticket.
getting it assessed for a new set of slip ons.

15941 - 15951 of 15951 Posts