SV Portal Forums banner
15981 - 15983 of 15983 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Bought a K5 flywheel from Hondaman a little earlier this year. Two magnets was already reglued by him.
Decided to pull off all magnets and reglue all now that this flywheel is not on the bike and easier to work with. Also makes it a little easier to make the measurements I promised in case anybody would like to machine a K3/K4 flywheel to K5 specs.
Electrical heat gun made easy work of the stock glue - at about 170°c it gave up and the magnets slid right off. The JB weld didn't let go untill 190-200°c while still sticking more than the stock at lower temperature.
My GF wouldn't appreciate the flywheel baked in the oven.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Crankset Bicycle tire

While I was at it made a tool to hold the flywheel. However it might be unnecessary, it should be doable with a 34/ 35mm wrench or adjustable wrench.
The tool was made from a 10mm mild steel plate and a M24 nut welded to it. Heated with a torch and then dipped in oil to blackening the steel.

Shoe Black Automotive tire Flooring Wood

Hope the clutch parts will show up next week so I can do the swap and ride it a little before colder weather shows up.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,506 Posts
Make sure you get those magnets North South North South whe you remount them....look forward to those measurements too....(y)

15981 - 15983 of 15983 Posts