1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am from Sri Lanka

Bike Model - Suzuki sv1000s (sv1000sk3)

1. When my Bike Engine is on Start (IDEL) what is the standard temperature it should be pls advice.
2. When my engine is on start, the engine temperature is increasing above 100 degrees (On Display panel), the radiator fan is not switching "On" - Please advice on what temperature will the radiator fan will switch on.

waiting

Thanks
Irshad

Attachments

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,551 Posts
Hi and welcome...

I assume the bike is showing celsius for the temp ? Then 104 is when the fan usually starts after a few seconds.

Normal highway temp is about 84.... I would be guessing that in Sri Lanka, especially in Summer, that your temperatures would climb fairly quickly in
slow traffic.
If you do get concerned about cooling, you could get a manual overide switch installed to turn the fan on at 95 in Summer to stop the temperature spiking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi and welcome...

I assume the bike is showing celsius for the temp ? Then 104 is when the fan usually starts after a few seconds.

Normal highway temp is about 84.... I would be guessing that in Sri Lanka, especially in Summer, that your temperatures would climb fairly quickly in
slow traffic.
If you do get concerned about cooling, you could get a manual overide switch installed to turn the fan on at 95 in Summer to stop the temperature spiking.
Thank you some much, for the information, yes I agree with you that Sri Lanka is very hot, so for a safer side its better to override it for 95 degree Celsius. :)

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,551 Posts
Did you allow the bike to reach 104 or higher to see if the fan did switch on ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I might mistaken, but I remember something about the TL thermal switch got a set point of 95°C? Then there would be no need to add a manual switch.

Somebody more knowledgeable can probably tell for sure.

Edit: Found this on TLzone. I was wrong about just swapping to the TL thermo switch. There could however be anohter solution to go with a switch from Suzuki car. There is some talk about a need for a relay - check specification of switch and have a look at SV wiring diagram and see if it's needed.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,551 Posts
I might mistaken, but I remember something about the TL thermal switch got a set point of 95°C? Then there would be no need to add a manual switch.

Somebody more knowledgeable can probably tell for sure.

Edit: Found this on TLzone. I was wrong about just swapping to the TL thermo switch. There could however be anohter solution to go with a switch from Suzuki car. There is some talk about a need for a relay - check specification of switch and have a look at SV wiring diagram and see if it's needed.

Sounds like this might be the best solution, he says it clicks in at 205 F which is 96 C, as long as it is the same thread as the SV one....does anyone know if the TL and SV switches are the same thread ?? Anyone ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts