SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003N 1000. Now, I’m looking at a right side peg that doesn’t go into my rearset completely flush so I take the rearset off today to find that the bottom of it is bent a bit back and down. That explains my peg not being straight.

I’m looking at Mad8v site and I see at least 3 different options for rearsets so I’m hoping I can get some help in picking up the right piece to replace mine that is bent.

Is it supposed to be bent?
Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Line Automotive design
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Wood

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those definitely look 03 naked brackets.
That is the only year and model that used that geometry.

-ms
Thanks. now my problem is that MAD8 seems to have some listed on his site that are mislabeled.

in the meantime I took a hammer to it and it is straight…. Probably best to replace it sooner than later though right?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,848 Posts
Thats been on its side i would say... thats where the bend came from.

Reactions: Urbanjugle

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats been on its side i would say... thats where the bend came from.
Yea I’m sure it has. My buddy had it for 10 years and I want to say he did drop it in the garage one day. The owner before that seems to have been sketchier than anyone in Texas cause I’ve done a lot of work on this bike and I have found some weird stuff. A few bolts hollowed out and long thin nails inserted into them…the foot brake lever was for the wrong bike…etc etc and etc.

Good news is I have her running really well now and basically all I need to do is valve check plus tps

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,848 Posts
Nails inserted into hollowed out bolts...... what the hell was going on in this guys head ? o_O:oops::LOL:

Reactions: Urbanjugle

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,848 Posts
A parts fiche shows that the part number for a Naked SV is 43511-16G10
The S model is 43511-16G00

Top pic is the S model....see the pointed part of the top of the bracket is longer ?
And the the mounting point for the footrest is lowert on the bottom N model one ?

Going by the photo of the one you are looking at, i would say its correct....but ask for a
picture of the side elevation to seeof it is bent, any bike can get dropped
I
Font Engineering Parallel Auto part Drawing

Product Font Line Automotive exterior Engineering

·
Registered
28 Posts
May be worth mentioning that the later (2005 onward I think) S model brackets have simlar looking geometry to the N models and so may be suitable for replacement.
Early S models have around a 90° angle between the frame mount holes and the footrest mount hole (as in first graphic above), the later ones have a more open angle simlar to the second graphic for the N model (second graphic).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts