SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if any of you over in euro who have the Suzuki top box and adapter plate have ever tried to mount a Givi Monokey box on it?

Looking at the photos the adapter looks real close to a Monokey system. Over here unfortunately I can do nothing but look at photos as they aren't available here. BUT if the adapter is monokey.. it wouldn't cost much to just have the adaptor shipped and buy a case here. If it isn't monokey... does it look like it could be modified?

Appreciate it if someone could check it out for me.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
They should be similar mate, the Suzuki luggage is Givi - made by the same people, just branded with the Suzuki logo!

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Oh, and yes it is monokey - got a few DL1000GT's and GSF1250SAK8GT's in the showroom at the moment!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks... Now I have looked at the top cases for those bikes and they are slightly different as they use a more conventional adapter and rack mount, where the SV replaces the back seat. The Bandit and DL stuff is available here but not the SV stuff, which makes me wonder what the differences are... ?

if you see anyone with an SV with the adaptor plate mounted and ya have a chance to try it, see if they will let you try a bandit or dl case on it.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Thanks... Now I have looked at the top cases for those bikes and they are slightly different as they use a more conventional adapter and rack mount, where the SV replaces the back seat. The Bandit and DL stuff is available here but not the SV stuff, which makes me wonder what the differences are... ?
I have never seen the 'rear seat' adaptor style of mount, so can't help you there, I can ask the parts lads in the shop tomorrow and get back to you and see if they have ever come across the configuration.

Why not mount a small rack from the grab rail mount - would look a lot neater and at least you can carry a pillion if required!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I have a rear rack now, but love the idea of one that replaces the rear seat. The issue I have with the rear rack is how far back the case sits from where the rack mounts. There is a lot of flex back there and I'd think the rear seat mount might have a higher weight capacity. I know suzuki says 7kg for the rear seat mount top case, which seems quite low when ya can put an 80kg passenger back there...

What I have, versus the rear seat mount taken from suzuki's UK website.

Attachments

·
"Kiss my Ass"
13,712 Posts
I think you will find that the 7Kg limit is because of the mounting hardware probably where they connect together,as you say the bike is designed to carry a pillion who weighs a lot more.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I think you will find that the 7Kg limit is because of the mounting hardware probably where they connect together,as you say the bike is designed to carry a pillion who weighs a lot more.

Correct, it's not the bike that can't take the weight it is the fixings that mount to the bike chassis that may be damaged.

However, looking at the front lugs on the mounting bracket, they seem to be different to anything we have in the showroom here, the Suzuki/Givi stuff we have here have small metal posts for the box to slide onto, not those tongue like things.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dad has a Kappa mounting plate for his Givi e52 and it has those tongue things. Where my adapter has the metal posts, and the e52 fits both.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Its not monokey, the spacing on the mounts is different so the Suzuki box is only usable to its own mounting plate. I have the plate and box in my garage and need to get shot of them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts