·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,257 Posts
You cant really go wrong with one of these.... seriously popular, well over here they are, but, they are a bit like butts, everyone has one... ha ha.....

They are serious fun though and apparently plenty of mods available......

·
Registered
117 Posts
yes, theyre popular, i rode my friend's MT09, it was 2018, light nimble, fast - got it to 110mph very quick,, just bit small for me im 5'9", he dumped big chunk of cash into it as factory suspension was too soft, so he got that upgraded + exhaust + seat...
that was about 2500 bucks....but SV still has more punch compare to it and i paid for my bike the amount he spent on upgrades.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, theyre popular, i rode my friend's MT09, it was 2018, light nimble, fast - got it to 110mph very quick,, just bit small for me im 5'9", he dumped big chunk of cash into it as factory suspension was too soft, so he got that upgraded + exhaust + seat...
that was about 2500 bucks....but SV still has more punch compare to it and i paid for my bike the amount he spent on upgrades.
This newest version of the MT is pretty close to the SV in terms of hp and torque. Plus it's ~35 pounds lighter which in theory should make for better braking and acceleration. I haven't seen any 0-60 or 60-0 times yet but expect to soon.

I've read a lot about the poor suspension on earlier models and it seems Yamaha has addressed that. The biggest criticisms I've heard are that the gauge cluster is too small, the quick shifter needs tweaking and the rear brake pedal looks cheap. I'll be keeping an eye out for more in depth reviews.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts