SV Portal banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:angry:
Installed my Zero gravity double bubble last week-end (Saturday), went for a ride on Sunday, had my tank bag on and remove the key from ignition, my thumb hit the top left corner of the windscreen and crack! :bash:
A damn piece of plastic on the ground so now my brand new windscreen is missing 3 inches on the top left corner :bash:

Piece of crap. I'm getting a Fabbri or a Pyramid plastic one for next summer. May be a little more expensive but the quality is better :angry:

I'm really pissed! :wallbash:

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yergie said:
:angry:
Installed my Zero gravity double bubble last week-end (Saturday), went for a ride on Sunday, had my tank bag on and remove the key from ignition, my thumb hit the top left corner of the windscreen and crack! :bash:
A damn piece of plastic on the ground so now my brand new windscreen is missing 3 inches on the top left corner :bash:

Piece of crap. I'm getting a Fabbri or a Pyramid plastic one for next summer. May be a little more expensive but the quality is better :angry:

I'm really pissed! :wallbash:

Thanks for the info. I was just looking at that screen online now I know to avoid thier crappy screens.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
rjk said:
Interesting. I've had mine on for almost a year...and I just got back from 10 days of hard riding AND being pelted by locusts and the occassional rock. Not one problem at all. I'd contact ZG...you could have got a bad one.
Agreed. I've had mine on for quite some time and not a problem. I too have had all kinds of pebbles and bugs slamming into the screen at high speeds. Definitely check with ZG.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Threepeat... ZG has a great reputation

I have had several Zero Gravity screens and the quality has always been top notch. I would contact them but I would probably refrain from informing them that their product sucks.

·
Registered
863 Posts
dadmun said:
Agreed. I've had mine on for quite some time and not a problem. I too have had all kinds of pebbles and bugs slamming into the screen at high speeds. Definitely check with ZG.
I like the look of that screen.. Anyone got a pic of it on a blue 1?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone have any reviews on the Sport Touring ZG windscreen? i.e., buffeting around the head, shoulders, etc. I find the stock screen a little too 'nakid', and I'm looking for something that would bring the slip stream up to at least the level of a VFR...

·
I Roll
1,017 Posts
Yeah, I have/had a ZG sport-touring screen. It's ok, definitely moves the wind blast up higher, just depends on how tall you sit as to where it'll hit you. It was a bit too tall for my tastes (and summer heat we ride in), so I took it off. I have it for sale if you're interested (clear ZG ST screen), PM me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought the HotBodies DB screen... Hit a bird the other day and everything is ok!

·
Moving at the speed of...
4,539 Posts
I bought the HotBodies DB screen... Hit a bird the other day and everything is ok!
Good to have these old threads resurected, but are you just trying to get your post count up?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Haha I was looking at this thread so that I could post the same thing. I have no idea how much the HotBodies DB screen runs, but it's SUPER durable. I'd had rocks, a bird, etc glance off that screen at highway speeds and never had so much as a scuff on mine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts